Corona Virus Precautions
It is widely agreed that our clients are safer at home than they are in a facility during this crisis. Their chances of exposure are significantly reduced by staying in their homes. We also have an obligation to our employees, to assure that they’re safe from exposure. Our CareGivers are true heroes in this effort to help our clients, and their support has been tremendous.
School and day care closings have affected the schedules of some of our employees. We have salaried staff who have been filling in for those who are unable to work because of school or daycare closings, and those affected employees are being paid a sustenance payment to help during their time off.
Among other steps:
- All CareBuilders CareGivers have been issued a Training Module prepared by In-The-Know Training, specifically addressing corona virus precautions. Employees will be paid to complete this module. A link to this Module is available HERE
- All visitors to our office are required to wash hands and are restricted to one room in the office. The office is sanitized after departure.
- We are practicing social-distancing within the office; all employees are in separate spaces.
- CareBuilders CareGivers are provided gloves and masks as needed.
- CareGivers have been advised of a 4-point hand-washing regimen- At a minimum, 1.) before leaving home 2.) Upon arrival at client home (wear gloves while at client home) 3.) Before leaving client home 4.) Upon arrival at home or next client.
- CareGivers are instructed to not go to work if they are feeling ill or show symptoms.
- We are incorporating back-up plans with family to assure coverage for all of our clients.
- We get regular guidance from CareBuilders’ National Director of Clinical and Quality Assurance; the Pennsylvania Department of Health; the Pennsylvania Office of Long Term Living; and the Governor’s office.