CareBuilders at Home offers a wide range of in-home care services in the Pittsburgh area to meet your needs, from personal care to companion care and homemaking assistance.
The types of services provided by Carebuilder At Home are not typically paid for by third-party payers. Most services are paid for privately by families or clients themselves. For those who do qualify for assistance in in-home care, Carebuilders At Home can still be your provider. We are contracted to provide Personal Assistance Service (PAS) under Community Health Choices (CHC) and can even offer private sitter services in a hospital or nursing home.
- Personal Care and Support
- Companionship and Homemaking
- Errands and Accompaniment on Outings
- Medication Reminders
- Assistance with dressing and grooming
- Family or Self-Pay (Major Credit Cards)
- Approved Long-Term Care Insurance
- Certain Veteran’s programs
- Community Health Choices (CHC)
- PA Office of Long Term Living (OBRA & Act 150)
All Caregivers Are Qualified
CareBuilders at Home caregivers are all thoroughly screened before they are hired. All applicants are required to complete a proprietary behavioral profile that measures a person’s emotional fitness to be a Carebuilders Caregiver. Then, they must be cleared by a Criminal Background Check, followed by a physician visit for a proper TB test. We follow that with a skills assessment and training, if needed, in our equipped training room. Through continuous performance monitoring, we aim to give you reliable and trustworthy services.
All of our Caregivers must pass or have the following certification or requirements.
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screening
- CPR Certified
- Up to Date Vaccinations
- Skills Assessment
- Continuing Education
Why Choose CareBuilders At Home?
As a leading home care agency in Pittsburgh, we only hire caregivers that possess our values of compassion, dignity, and reliability. We want every family member to feel comfortable while you or your loved one is receiving home care, we have years of personal experience in the home care industry and will provide you with the utmost care and attention to your specific needs.
Do you or your loved ones…
Have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or arthritis?
Care for someone with Alzheimer’s or Dementia?
Need help managing personal care tasks?
Require extra help with daily tasks?
Need help with pre/post-maternity care?
Need help when arriving home with a surgical procedure?
Did you answer yes to any of these questions? A CareBuilders at Home representative can further educate you on our reliable process. Your loved one will keep their independent and comfortable lifestyle in a familiar setting with a completely individualized level of care. During your initial consultation, we will discuss the level and frequency of care required for your loved one.
For more detailed information on any of the following, please click HERE to access My Learning Center.
- Alzheimer’s Care
- Memory Care
- Caregiver Basics
- First Aid
- Common Diseases
- Daily Care
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living Including:
- Assisting with mobility
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with dressing
- Assisting with grooming (no diabetic nail care)
- Taking blood pressure, temperature
- Assisting with diabetic testing (blood glucose meter testing)
- Assisting with eating
- Assisting with medication compliance
Companion and Homemaker Services
- Light housekeeping: dusting, vacuuming, laundry, changing bed linens, taking out the trash, washing dishes, sweeping and mopping
- Preparing meals and snacks
- Guidance with grooming and dressing
- Monitoring bathing safety
- Running Errands
- Organizing the home
- Escorting to appointments and outings
- Reminders of appointments
- Pet care
- Monitoring and maintaining mobility and walking safety
- Taking on outings, such as shopping, medical appointments, and social visits
- Playing favorite games and hobbies
- Caring for houseplants
- Beauty shop or salon appointments
- Providing mental stimulation with conversation
- Letter writing/reading